Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hell Hath No Fury...Like a Mom Protecting Her Babies

On a recent family trip out to see family in South Dakota, we stopped for the night at a hotel, Knights Inn in Albert Lea, MN.  We had no idea what was in store for us.  It was late when we pulled into the parking lot. My husband had gone into the lobby to get our room.  A red flag should have gone up when I saw this girl (young, and dressed like she stepped out of some bunny ranch in Nevada with everything but her nipples showing) with a much older man.  The first thought in my mind was that she was a hooker, street walker, prostitute, whatever you want to call her.  That was none of my business so I just ignored the image.  My son and I waited for what seemed like forever before my husband finally came back out.  We were all tired and hungry, so we gathered our stuff and went up to our room. 

We got settled into our room and my husband left to get a pizza from a pizzaria across the street.  I got our son ready for bed.  I set up his play yard and put him in his pajamas.  Meanwhile he was watching one of his animated movies on our portable dvd player while sitting on the bed.  So far the entire time we've been there he had not been on the floor yet.  He finally got down off the bed and started wandering the room, while I searched for something to watch on tv and started e-mailing friends and family to let them know our status.  He wasn't even on the floor for two minutes and he had found a little blue pill.  I didn't realize he found this pill until it was already in his mouth.  I got the pill out of his mouth as soon as I could, then called my husband. He got back with the pizza and spoke to the front desk about the incident.  He had asked the person at the desk to have the manager call us as soon as he gets in.  We have yet to receive that call.  Not good customer service on your part Knights Inn. 

We asked a pharmacist friend of ours to help us try to identify the pill, but she can't seem to figure out what it is.  She said it must not be legal.  So, within no time at a hotel our son manages to put an illegal substance in his mouth that he found on the floor, due to neglegent cleaning procedures!  I've sent e-mails and my husband has posted negative reviews about the experience...still, 3 weeks later, no call.  I am beyond furious!  My child could have died because they didn't clean the rooms well enough and we don't even get so much as a call to appologize.  Needless to say, I will never stay at that hotel again.  I won't let it go either until we/my son gets the least he deserves...an apology for nearly indirectly killing him!  Most importantly, I won't let it go until their procedures change, before someone else's child gets severly sick or even dies.   I can't even imagine what would have happened if I didn't catch it as soon as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment